Wednesday, April 6, 2022

The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

After watching the second season of Bridgerton on Netflix, I was very disappointed. I immediately picked up the book version, The Viscount Who Loved Me. This is the second book in Julia Quinn's Bridgertons series. I was able to use this to cover the prompt favorite author for Love Has Sprung as well as the Teardrops On My Guitar (instrument in the story) prompt for the Taylor Swift Quarterly Challenge.

Kate and her sister Edwina are in London to take part in the season. Since it's just them and their mother Mary, they are not as well off financially. There is really only once chance for a season and hopefully Edwina can find a good match. While Kate is also needing to be married, she's on the older end of the spectrum and is not the classic beauty that the ton likes. When Anthony, Viscount Bridgerton, decides it's time to find a wife, he plans to go after whomever is the incomparable. When Edwina is known to be as such, he approaches Kate since she is the one to be offering a blessing in place of their father. As Anthony tries to sway Kate to gain her approval to marry Edwina, they start to feel a spark between them. When their respective traumas put Kate and Anthony to open up to each in a way they haven't with any other person, they just can't seem to hold back their feelings anymore.

Honestly, this is my favorite Bridgerton book and is absolute perfection. This is the third time I've read in in the past couple years and I feel like it gets better every time. I absolutely adore Anthony and Kate and love how much they connect to each over their role as eldest sibling. As the eldest sibling myself, I find myself connecting with them in a lot of different ways. And while my fears aren't the same as Kate's, I do understand wanting to keep any issues or problems that can be perceived as week since you have to be so strong for others as well as yourself. Now I loved this book before, but it has come to mean a lot more after loosing my mother. While I don't quite have the fear that Anthony does, I do relate in the fact that it's just really hard to comprehend that I will most like live longer than my Mom did. I understand it logically, but emotionally it's hard.

Usually I try to keep my reviews to two paragraphs about my thoughts on the book and while I could, it would just be more of me gushing about how beautiful and amazing this is, I'm going to keep it a little short this time. Seriously, if you enjoy historical romance and haven't read the Bridgertons, certainly check it out. There's a lot of variances on which is a favorite book (like most everything), but the family aspect throughout is just absolutely masterful! I would love to marry into the Bridgertons!

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: The Viscount Who Loved Me, Julia Quinn, 5-stars, 4 days, Paperback, 378 pages, published in 2000, traditionally published

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...