Monday, April 19, 2021

Texas Legacy by Lorraine Heath

🍎🍎🍎🍎

Lorraine Heath actually has a novella for her Texas Trilogy, Texas Legacy. This is listed as 3.5, but I almost wish it was a prequel or in between book for her writing stories for the sons and daughters of our Texas city named brothers. This the kind of forbidden romance of Rowley and Faith.

Faith is Dallas and Dee's only daughter and Rowley is the young boy they rescued and kind of adopted. I have seen people say this is pretty taboo, but even though there were raised together, once they both hit puberty they both stopped thinking of each other as sibling. Even then I don't think that they ever had that relationship. I do think that Lorraine wrote it in a way that just felt star-crossed and not taboo.

Rowley had left after Faith had kissed him on her 19th birthday. He couldn't deal with his passion for her and see her everyday once that seal was broken, so he decides to leave. This is several years later and Rowley received notice from Dee to come home. It's believed that Dallas has had a heart issue and needs to start stepping back in his running of the ranch. Rowley comes to help out, but leave Faith in charge and follows her orders.

Rowley is such a sexy cowboy. He's also still dealing with feeling dirty after the horrors he went through before Dallas took him in. While he was gone, Faith was raped and left with child. She is such a sweetheart and is immediately drawn to Rowley. Not being that this is a novella, they got together pretty quickly, but I feel like the tension and history was laid out pretty well. They were pretty hot together and it was definitely steamier than the other books. However this was written 20 years later.

It was also fun seeing a lot of their kids grown up, especially Maggie May, Houston and Amelia's eldest daughter. She's gone to university and is the local reporter. Like I mentioned before, I almost wish we got heas for the all the Leigh kids. Lorraine, please please please do a spin off of this series with the other kiddos getting heas. I don't care if they're all novellas, I want them! Anyways, it was so cute to see everyone aged up and I'm sure for people that read these back in the day it was nice to see them all again. I really enjoyed this novella. The only thing that really bothered me is that a big factor of Rowley finally making a move on Faith is finding out about her trauma. I know it was meant as more of a protective, care-taking, alpha-move, but when he realized she was "dirty" too (he refers to himself as such) it almost felt more that he was okay to be with her now that she wasn't pure anymore. I don't know. Like I said, I know it wasn't meant that way, but it just came off a bit weird to me. I still overall really enjoyed the novella and am sad I don't have any other books in this series. But it's also fun to finally say I completed one of her series as well (I have several I've started).

Have you read Texas Legacy?

Bookishly Yours, 

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Texas Legacy, Lorraine Heath, 4-stars, 0 days, eBook, 192 pages, published in 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...