Thursday, April 15, 2021

Glacier by Miranda Bridges & Kyra Snow

🍎🍎🍎

Wanting some more fun after reading Saving Verakko, I decided to check out some other alien romances! Going through what I had on my kindle I realized I still have to start Miranda Bridges new series Eternal Mates. She co-wrote it with Kyra Snow and the first book is Glacier. I had previously read and really enjoyed Miranda's other series House of Kaimar and Hearts of Stone.

Oh I really struggled on how to rate this book. If I were to be a little more strict, it would probably be more of a 2.5-star rating, but I rounded up to 3-stars. So Earth has been through a fire apocalypse and now there a few different alien species coming to Earth for mostly nefarious reasons. Xelias our hero is here looking for compatible females for their race. When they find their mate their true powers "unlock" allowing them access to their "true potential." It was definitely an interesting take on the fated mates trope with aliens that I haven't read before. Part of what rubbed me wrong was our heroine Hazel. She was overly stubborn, especially when they first meet and she's stealing food from his ship. I understand her being stubborn and why they didn't go for her just submitting to the aliens. However, it seemed sometimes that there was too much disparity between how Hazel was acting outwardly both alone with Xelias, around others and her inner monologue. Sometimes it felt like she was just being stupid, not stubborn. She just really rubbed me the wrong way. 

Now in Miranda Bridges other series I've read, they were pretty steamy. This one, while it felt the same number of scenes, it felt written differently. And not good differently. It just felt more juvenile and cliched. I'm not sure if that's the influence of the second author or just a one off for this book. I was still overall intrigued by the uniqueness of the plot and will most likely try at least the next book in the series. If you are looking for a good alien romance though, definitely check out the other series I have linked above. The Hearts of Stone is a spin-off of the House of Kaimar and the aliens are more gargoyle and elf-type species respectively.

Have you read Glacier?

Bookishly Yours, 

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: Glacier, Miranda Bridges & Krya Snow, 3-stars, 1 day, eBook, 167 pages, published in 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...