Monday, October 24, 2022

My Lonely Shifter Match by Skye Alder

⭐⭐⭐

Continuing my mini-binge of books for Bang in the Night, I decided to pick up My Lonely Shifter Match by Skye Alder. This is the first book in their Love Bites Dating Agency series. If you didn't know, Skye Alder is the pseudonym for writing duo Cameron Hart and Shaw Hart. This worked perfect to cover the Bang in the Night prompt Into the Woods (takes place in a forest/woods) and I chose the theme song Everything Happens to Me from Frank Sinatra's Volume 1 of Reprise Rarities. I also used this for the Fall in Love prompt Man/Woman in Uniform and Color Me Romantic prompt Navy Blue (veteran character).

Cliff is a veteran and bear shifter. He and his three friends (and fellow veterans) bought a piece of land in the Colorado mountains and are settling down. His bear has been lonely and urging Cliff to find their mate. He decides to join the Love Bites Dating Agency and they end up finding her! Honey is human and going through a rough time. She is getting evicted and just recently lost her job when she is approached by a lady from the agency. She isn't quite sure what to think at first, but she has nothing to hold her back from travelling to meet him.

This was cute and a decent fated mates novella. I did want to see a little bit more of their relationship building. Honey gives Cliff three days to decide if she wants to stay. There is mention of them talking and getting to know each other better, but we don't really see as much of it as I would like on the page. There was some external conflict with another wolf shifter pack, but I really felt like it wasn't needed. It time away from really getting to see Honey and Cliff's growing relationship and just felt unnecessary. Then because of the situation Honey made some really stupid decisions (like running into the beginnings of a forest fire). I also thought that the decisions this other group was making was overly extreme for the situation as well as not really fitting into the shifter mentality that was established.

This was okay. If you enjoy insta-love, fated mate shifter novellas, this would probably be right up your alley. The more I read though, I've found what I require from a novella has gotten stricter. Even though they are a quick read, sometimes I feel like there are situations forced into them that really needs more length to be properly dealt with. If I'm in the mood for this type of novella though, it's nice to have another option.

Have you read My Lonely Shifter Match?

Bookishly Yours,

Stasi🍎


STATISTICS: My Lonely Shifter Match, Skye Alder, 3 Stars, 0 days, eBook, 96 pages, published in 2022, indie published

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I Rate Books

Before I get into posting my reviews, I wanted to do a guideline for how I rate things. There are a lot of people that critically review and...